Improving the technology of closed water supply at agro-industrial enterprises
The article analyzes the ways to improve the water supply system at agro-industrial enterprises. It is stated that the Institute of Water Problems and Land Reclamation of NAAS proposed to improve closed water supply systems at these enterprises to spend water and energy rationally and economically by developing highly efficient wastewater treatment technology to reuse wastewater and its sediments for technological needs.
During the work, the main tasks to be solved were the analysis of the reasons of unsatisfactory operation of traditional wastewater treatment plants and their current quality indicators and improvement of the rational technological scheme of closed water supply at the agro-industrial enterprises.
Scientific and practical results were obtained by analyzing the operation of wastewater treatment plants of industrial enterprises dealing with agricultural products processing, their quality indicators and known methods of improving technological schemes of biological wastewater treatment.
It was specified that traditional technology of biological wastewater treatment do not ensure the proper treatment quality, as the quality of wastewater from enterprises has significantly deteriorated due to the inflow of harmful impurities (xenobiotics, heavy metal ions, etc.) and high concentrations of organic matter, the content of which amount to: suspended solids> 1000 mg/dm3, COC> 10000 mgO2/dm3, BOC5> 6000 mgO2/dm3, BOCcomplete> 2000 mgO2/dm3, nitrogen and phosphorus ≤50 mg/dm3, which prevents the effective operation of aeration tanks.
The practicability of improving the "bioconveyor" technology by downward filtration through fibrous loading in bioreactors and upward filtration through floating filter loading in contact and clarifying filters to increase the efficiency of wastewater treatment was scientifically substantiated.
It was proved that this method provides high efficiency of biological wastewater treatment by reducing the amount of sediment and the absence of reverse activated sludge, and thus reducing capital and operating costs.
Natural mechanisms of household sewage treatment with reuse of water and sediments when cultivating agricultural crops are used as much as possible are used in the specified system of water supply at agro-industrial enterprises.
The optimal design and technological parameters of these structures are determined using the recommendations developed on the basis of our experimental research.
The proposed technology of closed water supply at agro-industrial enterprises provides for the separation of water supplied to consumers into technical and drinking one, as well as supplements of sewage treatment plants with bioreactors and contact-clarifying filters. Such systems ensure a minimum intake of water from natural water sources having its preliminary treatment directly in water reservoir, maximum use of treated wastewater and protection of the environment against wastewater pollution.
2. Mosiichuk, Y.B., & Khoruzhyi, P.D. (2019) Ochistka vodyi v zamknutyih sistemah vodosnabzheniya na predpriyatiyah agropromishlennogo kompleksa [Water cleaning in closed water supply systems on agricultural complex enterprises]. Khimiya i tekhnolohiya vody, 4, 456-465. [in Russian].
3. Christiansen, P., Hollesen, L., & Harremoes, P. (1995). Liquid film diffusion of reaction rate in submergen biofilters. Wat. Res, № 29 (1), 947-952.
4. Chudova, J., Dohanyos, M., & Wanner, J. (1991). Biologicka cisteni odpadnich vod [Biological wastewater treatment]. SNTL. [in Czech].
5. Egli, K., Bosshard, F., Werlen, C. et al. (2003). Microbial Composition and Structure of a Rotating Biological Contactor Biofilm Treating Ammonium-Rich Wastewater without Organic Carbon. Microb Ecol 45, 419–432. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00248-002-2037-5
6. Hlavínek, P., & Novotný, D. (2000, 1996). Intenzifikace čistíren odpadních vod. 2 vyd. [Intensification of wastewater treatment plants. 2 ed.]. BRNO: NOEL. [in Czech].
7. Henze, M., Harremoes, P., Jansen, C., & Arwin, E. (2002). Wastewater treatment: Biological and Chemical Processes, 4th Edition. Springer.
8. Wilsenach, J.A., van Bragt, W.P., de Been, P., & van Loosdrecht, M.C. (2005). Evaluation of separate urine collection and treatment to augment existing wastewater treatment works. Water Sci Technol. 52 (4): 71-80. PMID: 16235748.
9. Gvozdyak, P.I. (2019). Biokhimiya vody. Biotekhnolohiya vody (avtomonohrafiya) [Biochemistry of water. Water biotechnology (autonography)]. Kyiv: Vydavnychyi dim «Kyievo-Mohylianska akademiia». [in Ukrainian].
10. Sablii, L.A. (2019). Efektyvni tekhnolohii biolohichnoho ochyshchenniya stichnykh vod [Effective biological treatment technologies of wastewater]. Mizhnarodnyi konhres ta tekhnichna vystavka «ETEVK-2019», 174-178. [in Ukrainian].
11. Sablii, L.A., Bunchak, O.M., & Hvozdiak, P.I. (2010). Doslidzhenniya kinetyky protsesiv biolohichnoho ochyshchennia vysokokontsentrovanykh stichnykh vod shkirzavodiv [Research of kinetics of processes of biological treatment of highly concentrated sewage of tanneries]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu tekhnolohii ta dyzainu. 5, 36-42. [in Ukrainian].
12. Gvozdyak, P. I. (2003). Za pryntsypom biokonveiera [By principle bioconveyer]. Visnyk NAN Ukrajiny, 3. 29-36. [in Ukrainian].
13. Gvozdyak, P.I. (1989). Mikrobiologiya i biotekhnologiya ochistki vody: Quo vadih [Microbiology and biotechnology of water purification: Quo vadih]. Khimiya i tekhnologiya vody - Chemistry and technology of water, 9, 854-858 [in Ukrainian].
14. Gvozdyak, P.I. (1989). Nasadka voloknistaya «VIYa» [Nasadka voloknistaya «VIYa»]. Tehnicheskie usloviya 996990. Kiev: IKHHV AN USSR.
15. Khoruzhiy, V.P., & Nedashkovsky, I.P. (2008) Biolohichna ochystka stichnykh vod z vykorystanniam kapronovykh nytok typu «Viya» i pinoplastu [Biological wastewater treatment with the use of nylon threads of the type «Viya» and polyfoam]. Article in the collection of scientific works of NUVGP. 1 (41), 291-296. [in Russian].
16. Nedashkovsky, I.P. (2010) Issledovaniya protsessov ochistki hozyaystvenno-byitovyih stochnyih vod na ustanovkah s bioreaktorami i kontaktno-osvetlitelnyimi fIltrami [Investigations of domestic wastewater treatment processes at installations with bioreactors and contact lighting filters]. Problems of water supply, drainage and hydraulics. 14, 126-136. [in Russian].
17. Mosiichuk, Y.B. (2020). Vozmozhnosti rasshirennogo ispolzovaniya doochischonnyih hozyiyastvenno-bitovyih stochnyih vod v sistemah zamknutogo vodopolzovaniya predpriyatiy agropromyishlennogo kompleksa [Opportunities for extended use of purified householdwastewater in closed systems water use of enterprises of the agro-industrial complex]. Vestnik Brestskogo gosudarstvennogo tehnicheskogo universiteta. Vodohozyaystvennoe stroitelstvo, teploenergetika i geoekologiya, 2 (120), 55-58. [in Russian].