The efficiency of modernization of the on-farm irrigation network based on the principle of self-regulation
Relevance of research. The research is aimed at substantiating the effectiveness of the principle of self-regulation on closed irrigation systems (CIS) with sprinkling machine (SM) with the use of daily regulation pools (DRP) and "pull" pressure regulators when modernizing them.
Aim and objectives of research. The aim of the research is to reduce the energy intensity of water supply for irrigation by increasing pump load rates (PLR) of pumping stations (PS) and expanding the area of irrigation when modernizing and reconstructing closed irrigation networks (CIS). The construction of self-regulating CIS reduces accidental disturbances in the form of discrete changes in volumetric water flow rates generated by pumping units (PU) of PS, which minimizes unproductive discharges of water from distribution canals when performing inter-farm water distribution.
Research methods: experimental, mathematical modeling and mathematical statistics.
Research results. To substantiate the effectiveness of self-regulation, the results of experimental studies conducted in the operating area of the distribution canal R-1 with machine water supply of Kakhovska Irrigation System, aimed at determining the hydraulic characteristics of existing CIS, energy characteristics of PU of PS. Statistical characteristics of water supply and power consumption processes on CIS equipped with SM from the PS13-R-1, which is equipped with four PU of 250QVD570-50 brand with diameters of rotor wheels Drw = 540 mm and drive motors of 1N435Z-4 brand with a capacity of 400 kW. PS operates on the CIS equipped with SM "Frigate" and drip irrigation system and serves two water users on a total area of 1036.0 hectares.
To determine the statistical characteristics of the processes of water supply and power consumption, the graphs of pumped water volumes and the graphs of electricity obtained using electricity meters "ORION-01", as well as the graphs of planned water supply, built on daily applications for water use, are used. The logical-mathematical model of operative control of water supply on self-regulating CIS with application of DRP and “pull” pressure regulators is given. The substantiation of the efficiency of water supply management on the modernized CIS from PS13-R-1 was carried out using a mathematical model. Key words: self-regulation, modernization, closed irrigation system, daily regulation pool, statistical characteristics, water supply process, pump unit.
Conclusions: The efficiency of the construction of self-regulating CISs with SMs with the use of daily regulation pools (DRP) and "pull" pressure regulators has been proved. Modernization and reconstruction of CISs on the principles of self-regulation provides: expansion of irrigation areas, reduction of energy consumption in water supply, coordination of water distribution management on open inter-farm and closed in-farm irrigation network, which enables to minimize non-technological water discharges from distribution channels and to prevent wasteful consumption of electricity for its pumping by the main water intake pumping stations.
2. Kovalenko, P.Y. (1983). Avtomatyzatsyya melyoratyvnykh system. [Automation of reclamation systems]. Moskva: Kolos. [in Ukrainian].
3. Avtomatyzatsyya vodopodachy y vodootvedenyya na melyoratyvnykh systemakh. [Automation of water supply and drainage on reclamation systems]. (1989). Posobye k SNyP 2.06.03-85. Moskva: «SOYUZVODPROEKT».
4. Kovalenko, P. I., & Mykhaylov, Y. O. (1986). Ratsionalne vykorystannya vody na melioratyvnykh zemlyakh. [Rational use of water in reclamation lands]. Kyiv: Urozhay. [in Ukrainian].
5. Kovalenko, P. I., & Popov, V.M. (2011). Upravlinnya vodorozpodilnymy systemamy za pryntsypamy resurso- ta enerhozaoshchadzhennya. [Management of water distribution systems on the principles of resource and energy saving]. Kyiv: Ahrarna nauka. [in Ukrainian].
6. Popov, V.M., Vnukova, K.V., Tarhoniy, M.M., Soroka, N.V., & Shlikhta, V.V. Metodolohiya eksperymentalnykh doslidzhen na zakrytykh zroshuvalnykh systemakh (2016). [Methodology of experimental studies on closed irrigation systems]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu vodnoho hospodarstva ta pryrodokorystuvannya, 4(76), 10-30. [in Ukrainian].
7. Popov, V.M. & Tarhoniy, M. M. (2019). Matematychna model avtomatyzovanoho upravlinnya vodopodacheyu na zroshuvalniy systemi [Mathematical Model of Automated Water Supply Management on Irrigation System]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu vodnoho hospodarstva ta pryrodokorystuvannya, 3(87), 28-38. [in Ukrainian].
8. Pravyla ekspluatatsiyi lichylnykiv bahatokanalnykh dlya obliku vody na nasosnykh stantsiyakh za spozhytoyu elektroenerhiyeyu “ORION-01” [Rules of operation of multichannel meters for metering of water at pumping stations for consumed electricity "ORION-01"]. (2009). Kyiv: Derzhvodhosp Ukrayiny. [in Ukrainian].
9. Popov, V.M., Tarhoniy, M.M. (2017). Zroshuvalna systema [Irrigation system]. Patent of Ukraine. №120012 [in Ukrainian].
10. Popov, V. M. (2004). Normuvannya pytomoyi elektroenerhiyi na perevedenni vodyanykh nasosnykh stantsiy.[Normalization of specific costs of electricity for pumping water by pumping stations]. Metodychni vkazivky: VND 33-3.1-08-2004. Kyyiv: Derzhvodhosp Ukrayiny. [in Ukrainian].
11. Kovalenko, P.I., & Hryn,Y. I. (2004). Modernizatsiya ta rekonstruktsiya vnutrishnobudivnykh system ekonomiky [Modernization and Reconstruction of Domestic Irrigation Systems]. Visnyk ahrarnoyi nauky, 7, 53–56. [in Ukrainian].
12. Popov, V. M. (2002). Kharakterystyky toho samoho protsesu vodopodachi y zrosheni [Characteristics of a random irrigation water supply process]. Visnyk ahrarnoyi nauky, 8, 55–58. [in Ukrainian].
13. Pravyla priminenia rehulyuvalnoyi i predokhranytelnoyi armatury membrannogo tipa pri proekirotuvannii zakrytykh orositelnyh system. [Rules of application of regulating and safety armature of membrane type in the design of closed irrigation systems]. (1984). Kyiv: Mnisterstvo melioratsiyi i vodnogo khozyaystva USSR. [in Russian].