Methodological features of the concept of water use system management using basin principle
Topicality of the research. The system management is proposed for supporting a process chain of the selection and implementation of systematically interconnected solutions and actions, which are coordinated by goals, tasks, terms, resources to achieve certain changes within the managed object. The purpose of the research is investigation of the specific methodological aspects of the system management concept for the development and implementation of integrated water resources management using basin principle.
To achieve the goal, the following tasks were solved:
- the integrated approaches for water management within river basin and their implementation in river basin management plans were defined;
- the structural-functional scheme of system management when a river basin is considered as an overall system and object for management in conditions of sustainable development as well as adaptive approach for control were indicated;
- Information technologies are proposed for implementation of decision support system.
Research methods and techniques. The main types of integrated approaches in the management of the river basin are proposed, in particular: hierarchical approach; integrated approach using basin principle; integration by type of control; integration of control by economic and environmental objectives.
A hierarchical approach involves subordination of subsystems of the lower level of the hierarchy to subsystems of a higher level. The three-level system is defined when the first level of the hierarchy is technological control, providing technical and technological modern solutions in the process of functioning of the water management complex in the river basin; the second level of the hierarchy combines the economic and ecological subsystems of water use, which set the goals of effective economic functioning of the object and achieve its good ecological state; the third level of the hierarchy is the organizational subsystem.
An integrated approach for resource management is considered as "a process that contributes to the coordinated development and management of water, land and other resources in order to achieve maximum socio-economic well-being on an equitable basis without causing damage to sustainability of vital ecosystems."
An integrated approach for river basin management is based on coordinated action to achieve certain useful changes or changes in the control system. Within basin system distinguish a combination of the following control types: behavior control, characteristics control, structure control, control of development.
The integrated control in the context of sustainable development involves formulation of the system of ecological and environmental objectives and their realization is necessary in the management process.
The structural-functional scheme of system control is presented. During implementation the Water Management Plans within river basin it is recommended to use information technology. The structural-functional scheme shows inverse relationships for adaptive realization of the river basin management plans. In addition, the basin is considered as an integrated system with boundary fixation, monitoring studies, internal and external links, resources and management objectives.
Research results and main conclusions. The proposed methodological features of the concept on water use system management using basin principle provides developing of measures for river basin management plans according to the current provisions of the EU Directive to ensure economic growth and achieving a good ecological state.
The concept of system management involves the using of integrated approaches for drawing up river basin management plans, and the implementation of these plans should be based on information technology, scenario analysis and management
2. Stashuk, V.A. & Yatsyk, A.V. (2007). Ukraina na shlyahu do baseynovoho pryntsypu upravlinnia vodnymy resursamy [Ukraine is on the way toward the basin principle of water resources management]. Vodne hospodarstvo Ukrainy, 4, 6 – 10. [in Ukrainian].
3. Stashuk, V.A. (2009). Naukovi zacady upravlinnia vodohospodars`ko-melioratyvnym kompleksom Ukrainy [Scientific basis of the water industry management of Ukraine]. Candidate`s thesis. Kyiv: IWPLR [in Ukrainian]
4. Integrovane upravlinnia vodnymy i zemel`nymy resursamy na meliorovanyh terytoriiah [Integrated management of water and land resources within reclaimed area]. (2016). Kyiv: Agrarna nauka. [in Ukrainian].
5. Klymchuk, O. M., Pinkina, T. V. & Pinkin, A. A. (2018). Vprovadzhennia systemy integrovanoho upravlinnia vodnymy resursamy za baseinovym pryntsepom [Adaptation of the integrated water resources management system based on the basin principle]. Scientific Journal «Science Rise», 4(45), 36 – 40. [in Ukrainian].
6. Dukhovny, V., Sokolov, V., Manthrithilake, H. (2009). Integrated Water Resources Management: Putting Good Theory into Real Practice. Central Asian Experience. Tashkent: SIC ICWC.
7. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro vnesennia zmin do deiakyh zakonodavchyh aktiv Ukrainy shchodo vprovadzhennia integrovanyh pidhodiv v upravlinni vodnymy resursamu za baseinovym pryntsepom» vid 4 zhovtnia 2016 roky № 1641-VIII. [The Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Implementation of Integrated approaches to the of Water Resources Management based on basin principle" of October 4, 2016, No. 1641-VIII] [in Ukrainian]
8. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 18 travnia 2017 roky № 336 «Pro zatverdzhennia Poriadku rozroblennia planu upravlinnia richkovym baseynom» [Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated May 18, 2017, No. 336 «On Approval of the Procedure for the Development of the River Basin Management Plan»].
9. Zghurovs`kyi, M.Z., & Pankratova, N. D. (2007). Osnovy systemnoho analizu [Fundamentals of system analysis]. Kyiv: Vydavnycha grupa VNV. [in Ukrainian].
10. Kovalchuk, P.І., & Kovalchuk V.P. (2015) Systemne upravlinnia yak rozvytok integrovanoho upravlinnia vodnym rezhymom meliorovanyh terytorii [System management as the integrated management development of the water regime of the reclaimed area]. Visnyk NUVGP, 3(71), 19 – 23. [in Ukrainian].
11. Sekhri A. Arezki, Hamdadou B. Djamila, &Beldjilali C. Bouziane (2015). AQUAZONE: A Spatial Decision Support System for Aquatic Zone Management. I.J. Information Technology and Computer Science, Vol.7, No.4. Retrieved from http://www.mecs-press.org/ijitcs/ijitcs-v7-n4/IJITCS-V7-N4-1.pdf
12. Holling, K.S. (Ed.). Ekolohicheskie sistemy. Adaptativnaia ozenka e upravlenie [Ecological systems. Adaptive assessment and management]. Moskva: Mir.
13. SengMah, D., Putuhena, F., N.A. btRosli (2011). Modelling of river flushing and water quality in a tributary constrained by barrages. Irrigation and Drainage Systems, 25, 427–434.
14. Kovalchuk, P.I., Kovalenko, P.Yu., Balykhina, H.A. & Rozhon V.A. (2018). Porivnial`nyi analiz system upravlinnia promyvkoiu richky Inhulets` na osnovi modeliuvannia [Comparative analysis of flushing control systems for Ingulets River on the basis of modeling]. Mizhnarodna nauk.-praktych. konf., prysviachena Vsesvitnomu dniu vody «Pryroda dlia vody» [International scientific and practical conference devoted to the World Water Day "Nature for Water"]. Kyiv, 84-85. [in Ukrainian].
15. Kovalenko, P.Yu. (2017). Udoskonalennia upravlinnia promyvkoiu richky Inhulets` na osnovi stsenarnoho modeliuvannia [Improvement of flushing control for Ingulets river based on scenario modeling]. Melioratsia i vodne hospodarstvo. Kyiv: Agrarna nauka, 106, 53-57. [in Ukrainian]
16. Kovalchuk, P.I., Balykhina, H.A., Demchuk, O.S, & Kovalchuk, V.P (2017). Modeling of water use and river basin environmental rehabilitation. CSIT 2017: Materialy XII Mizhnarodnoi nauk.-technich.konf. Lviv, 468-472. [in Ukrainian].
17. Kovalchuk, P.I., Balykhina, H.A., Kovalenko, R.Yu., Demchuk, O.S., & Rozhon, V.A. (2018). Information technology of the system control of water use within river basins. Advancesin Computer Science for Engineering and Education, 123-132. [in Ukrainian].