Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Instructions for authors to submit article manuscripts to interdepartmental thematic scientific collection “Land Reclamation and Water Management”
When preparing a scientific article for professional editions, collections of conferences, scientific journals, one should comply with the requirements of the State Attestation Commission of Ukraine (SAC) under the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. For an article to be published, an electronic set of documents should be submitted using the editorial system. The set of documents should include:
- Information about the authors (Information_author.doc);
- Extended abstract of the article in English, ranging from 1800 to 4000 printable characters, including spaces;
- The full-length article in Ukrainian ((Article_Author.doc)
- The full-length article in English (Article_Eng_Author.doc)
- 1review, signed by a Dr.habil. and certified by the seal of a reviewer`s affiliation;.
Information about authors
Information about authors should be sent in a separate file, indicating first and last name, full name of the affiliation, position, academic degree and title, ORCID ID, URL of author's GOOGLE SCHOLAR profile, postal address, telephone number and e-mail of each co-author of the article;
The author`s contacts for the exchange of correspondence should be marked by underlining the full name of the author and his e-mail.
Requirements for the presentation of an extended summary in English (Abstract)
An extended summary in English shall represent an original text, ranging from 1800 to 4000 printable characters, including spaces ;
The summary in English shall include the following:
- title of an article, last names of the authors, name of the affiliation, the authors` e-mails;
- relevance of the research;
- purpose and targets of the research;
- methods and techniques of the research;
- results of the research and key conclusions;
- prospects – information on a correlation between the result of the research and other scholars` conclusions, prospects of the research as well as the areas for further activities;
- key words;
Summary and key words are subject to verification to preventing technical translation by software, since manuscripts will be available on the Internet, bibliographic (scientific and metric) databases, data portals, online libraries. No copy of any parts of the text is permitted.
It is worth noting that a Summary, drawn up in languages, other that the language of an article, is provided for scholars, not speaking the language of the article, and is, as a rule, the only source of information about the content of the article and results of the research, set forth therein.
When drafting a summary the following should be kept in mind:
– summary is a brief precise outline of the content of the article, including basic factual data and conclusions. Conclusions may be supported by recommendations, evaluations, proposals, and hypotheses set out in the material;
– the text of the summary has to be concise and precise without any minor information;
– the summary shall provide the main content of the article, which in some cases allows to do without reading the whole material;
– summaries are used in information systems (including automatic ones) of document and information research;
– one of the reliable patterns for summary drafting consists of a brief review of an article`s structure, including its introduction, purpose and tasks, methods, results and conclusions.
Requirements for a scientific article layout
- Ready to print articles shall be in Ukrainian (Russian) and English, not published before and not submitted to other editions (including electronic ones). Article manuscripts, submitted to the editorial office of “Land Reclamation and Water Management” collection shall be properly processed and comply with the requirements of the State Attestation Commission of for professional publications and correspond to the collection specialty.
- Article manuscripts sent to the editorial office by e-mail should range from 5 to 8 pages (for young researchers – from 3 to 5 pages) and include references, tables (no more than 4), figures (no more than 4 ones in Word for Windows -03, WRITE word). The title of an article shall contain only the author`s surname (if there are more than one author, the title shall contain the first author`s surname)
According to the requirements of the State Attestation Commission of Ukraine under the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine an original article in a professional edition shall be comprised of the following chapters:
- Problem statement;
- Relevance of the research;
- Correlation between an author`s work and major scientific and practical tasks;
- Analysis of recent research and publications;
- Determination of unresolved pieces of a general problem, covered by the article;
- Methodological or general academic value;
- Presentation of basic material;
- Prospects for using results of the research.
An article shall be processed in WORD-03, WRITE word processor (Times New Roman font, single-line spacing). Page setup: A4 format (210 mm×297mm), margins – 2 cm. Pages are not numbered.
- UDC index (font size – 14, left-alignment, bold)
- Title of an article (no paragraph indention, center alignment, single-line spacing, in capital letters (Times New Roman font, font size 14, bold). The title shall be concise and reflect the contents of the article.
- Names of authors/co-authors (12 font size, bold, ); academic degree and title (12 font size, small letters), in a line, no paragraph indention, left-alignment.
If a work is done under the direct supervision of an academic adviser, it shall be noted further under the text of the first page; his academic degree, title and surname with initials shall be indicated. Contact details of the author for correspondence is highlighted by underlining his full name and e-mail address.
- Affiliation, e-mail address of authors (10 font size, italics), post address, ORCID ID ;
- Summary in Ukrainian (150-250 words, no paragraph idention, alignment justified, 12 font size, italics, single-line spacing)
- Key words and phrases (4-8), left-alignment, 12 font size, single-line spacing)
- Hereinafter the structured text of an article is presented (14 pt, alignment justified, single spacing)
- The relevance of the study – a problem statement is formulated; scientific innovativeness and value of the study, existing problems and ways of their solution in the context of scientific objectives are highlighted.
- Analysis of recent research and publications is a brief analytical review of the results of other researchers` studies; problematic issues should be determined; an author`s work should be related to major scientific and practical tasks.
- Purpose of the research – purpose and tasks of the research should be indicated.
- Materials and methods of the research – main methods and techniques, applied in the article should be highlighted.
- Results of the research and their discussion – main results of the research, presented in the article, should be described.
- Conclusions – key conclusions with regard to the findings of the study, prospects for their application and their relation to further studies should be presented.
- List of references (not less than 10 references) should be given in the order of referring in the text mentioning or in the alphabetical order (font size – 12, single spacing, left-alignment).
- References (equivalent to the “list of references”, processed according to the APA standard).
- Summaries in Russian and English (150-250 words with authors’ names and article title translated, 12 font size, single spacing).
List of references is processed according to State Standard of Ukraine 8302:2015; the list is followed by references in English (References), processed according to international standard АРА (which is applied for posting manuscripts in scientific and metric bases). The standard, used in the United States as a standard for processing articles (including bibliography) and adopted by APA, is INTERNATIONAL. To facilitate article processing according to the standard it is recommended to follow this reference http://www.slovnyk.ua/services/translit.php
Transliteration of Ukrainian symbols shall be carried out according to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Regulation № 55 dated of 27 January 2010. Russian symbols shall be transliterated according to BGN/PCGN system.
Examples for processing various types of sources according to the proposed standards are given in Annex 1.
An example for processing a scientific article is given in Annex 2.
Physical value units used in a publication shall comply with CI system. At the end of the manuscript the full name of the organization, where the work was done, as well as the date of its submission to the editorial office shall be indicated.
The article in English shall be submitted in a separate file to be posted on the website of the Collection (http://mivg.iwpim.com.ua/) according to the requirements of the State Attestation Commission of Ukraine (SAC) under the Ministry of Education and Science concerning professional editions. Articles without translation in English is not acceptable.
FORMULA, GRAPHIC AND TABLE FORMAT
Formulas are made in the editor of Microsoft Equation 3.0. The formulas should be given in a separate line with a 1 cm left indentation, the numbering is followed sequentially by Arabic numerals in round brackets on the right side of the page with alignment on the right edge. Additional indents before and after formulas should not be done.
Table and graphic material can only be in a book format, and its number is relevant. The table should have a serial number, indicated to the left before the name of the table. The table title should be put over the table (Times New Roman font, 14 pt., bold, line spacing - 1.5, alignment justified), wherein the word "Table" or "Tab." should not be put before the title of the table, only its numbering, in case there are more than one table in the text is not one. The text of the table is in Times New Roman, 12 pt, line spacing - 1.
Tables and illustrations are numbered sequentially in Arabic numerals.
Figures and photographs (black and white, with grayscale colors) are integrated into the main text of the article and are presented as a separate file in one of the following formats: TIFF, PCX, JPG, BMP, CDR. The drawings should be made in a format that provides a clear transfer of all parts, at a scale of 1: 1 or 2: 1. The figures should have only numeric and alphanumeric symbols, the explanatory text is placed in the subtitles to the figures.
Signatures for illustrations, figures, graphs, diagrams, etc. should be given in Times New Roman font, 14 pt., Italics, under the image and should begin with the word Fig.1, followed by the title of the picture. Notes to the table should be given after the table. The word "Note" should be written with capital letters (Times New Roman, 12 pt., Italics), the text of the note (Times New Roman, 12 pt.). It is not advisable to use vertical column inscriptions. Signatures for tables and illustrations should be centered.
Grounds for refusal to consider the article:
- lack or incompleteness of any structural element of the article;
- absence of contact information;
- absence of UDC;
- absence of the list of references;
- non-compliance of the article length to the requirements (less than 5 pages or more than 8 pages without the main structural elements);
- insufficient length of annotations (less than 50 words);
- insufficient length of extended annotation in English submitted in a separate file (less than 1800 characters);
- insufficient number of references (less than 10);
- the article has already been published in another edition (including electronic publications and the Internet).
The editorial board reserves the right to make some edits and reductions, as well as the right to the literary correction of the article (preserving the conclusions and style of the author). The papers, which are not in line with the following requirements regarding the order of submission and preparation of a scientific article, will not be considered by the editorial board. In case of refusing to publish the paper, the manuscripts are not given back to the authors.
The manuscripts of articles should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org The final decision on publication is made by the editorial board, which also reserves the right to additional reviewing, editing and rejecting the submitted papers.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.