THE CURRENT STATE OF CONTAMINATION OF LANDSCAPES AND IRRADIATION OF THE POPULATION IN THE HUMID ZONE OF UKRAINE
The purpose of the research is to assess the long-term effects of the traditional organo-mineral system of fertilizers in grain and potato crop rotations on radioactive contamination of drained sod-podzolic soils and the accumulation of radionuclides in plant products in comparison with forest plantations and fallow. To establish the level of exposure of different population groups in the contaminated areas of the humane zone of Ukraine in the current radioecological situation in the region.
Comparison of the activity of radiation at the fallow and in the forest with fields of the experimental farms at the background of the organo-mineral fertilizer system showed that on average, on crop rotation in the layer 0-10 cm, it was 2.5 times lower than that of the fallow. However, in the layer of 10-20 cm the level of activity in the arable land was much higher than in the forest and fallow, which is due to the movement of a significant amount of radionuclides into the lower part of the loose layer. The conducted researches indicate that in the remote period after the Chernobyl accident in the conditions of Northern Polissya under high levels of radiation practically it is impossible to use the gifts of the forest.
Another important task of the study was to determine the current levels of activity of radiation by people of all ages and kind of activity, children of kindergartens and schools living in the zone of Northern Polissya of Zhytomyr region. Determination of the activity of radiation by children of preschool age showed that out of 96 in 68, uncertain radiation, and in 26 children the activity was within 0.009-0.096 and in one child 0.136 millisyears (mSv).
Determination of the dynamics of activity of radioactive radiation in schoolchildren showed that for changes in the mode of life and diet, the activity of radiation compared with children of kindergartens increased from 0.012 to 0.112 mSv, that is, almost by 10 times.
Especially high activity of radioactive radiation was in first-graders. The average activity of 37 pupils was 0.133 mSv, which was higher than the average in the school by 18%. The clear dependence of radiation activity on the age of pupils is uncertain. It was within 9-12% of the maximum permissible radiation of 1 mSv.
The study of radiation activity among workers of various kinds of activity showed that in 293 studied average activity of radiation was 0.083 mSv, which was by 7 times lower than in preschool children, and 1.3 times less than the average for schoolchildren.
Despite the fact that there has been a decrease in the level of radiological activity over time, the ecological situation of radioactive contaminated radionuclide areas remains difficult. In spite of this funding of the state program "Radiological protection of the population and environmental rehabilitation of the territory that was exposed to radioactive contamination" is suspended.
2. Deisan, M. M. (2011). Rekomendatsii po vedenniu silskohospodarskoho vyrobnytstva v umovakh radioaktyvnoho zabrudnennia Pivnichnykh raioniv Zhytomyrshchyny postrazhdalykh u rezultati avarii na Chornobylskii AES na period 2011 – 2016 rr [Recommendations for the management of agricultural production in conditions of radioactive contamination of the Northern regions of Zhytomyr region affected by the Chernobyl accident for the period of 2011 – 2016]. Korosten: Druk, 4-5. [in Ukrainian].
3. Pryster, B.S. (2004). Dynamika nakopychennia Cs – 137 u silskohospodarskykh kulturakh [The dynamics of accumulation of Cs-137 in agricultural crops]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu, 51-56. [in Ukrainian].
4. Naukovi osnovy ahropromyslovoho vyrobnytstva v zoni Polissia i zakhidnoho rehionu Ukrainy [Scientific basis of agricultural production in the zone of Polissya and the Western region of Ukraine]. (2004). Kyiv: Urozhai. (In Ukr.).
5. Dutov, O.I. (2013). Naukovi osnovy formuvannia ahroekosystem na radioaktyvno zabrudnenykh terytoriiakh [Scientific bases of formation of agro-ecosystems on radioactively contaminated territory]. Extended abstract of Doctor`s thesis. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
6. Pryster, B.S., Khomutytyn, Yu.V., & Perepeliatnykova, L.V. (1991). Otsenka harantyrovannykh koeffytsyentov perekhoda radyoaktyvnoho tsezyia v selskokhoziaistvennye kultury po ahrokhymycheskym pokazateliam pochvy [Estimation of guaranteed coefficients of transition of radioactive cesium to agricultural crops by agrochemical indicators of soil]. Kyiv: Sb. nauch. tr. UNYYSKhR, Problemy selskokhoziaistvennoi radyolohyy, 132 – 141. [in Russian].
7. Ratoshniuk, V.I., & Ratoshniuk, T.M. (2004). Stan rodyuchosti ta zastosuvannya ahromelioratyvnykh zakhodiv na radioaktyvno zabrudnenykh zemlyakh [The state of fertility and the use of agromelioration measures on radioactive contaminated lands]. Zb. Zemlerobstvo, 76, 57-64. [in Ukrainian].
8. Vytrykhovskyi, P.I., & Stupenko, O.V. (1997). Osoblyvosti zemlerobstva na radioaktyvno zabrudnenykh zemliakh [Features of agriculture on radioactive contaminated lands]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky, 5, 53-56. [in Ukrainian].
9. Dutov, O.I. (1999). Vplyv kalyinykh dobryv na nakopychennia radio tseziiu silskohospodarskykh kultur v riznykh hruntovo-klimatychnykh umovakh [Influence of potassium fertilizers on the accumulation of radiocesium crops in various soil-climatic conditions]. Ahrarna nauka – selu: Zb. Podilskoi derzhavnoi ahrarno-tekhnichnoi akademii, Kamianets-Podilskyi, 7, 66-70. [in Ukrainian].
10. Dutov, O.I. (1999). Silskohospodarski kultury dlia sivozmin v umovakh radioaktyvnoho zabrudnennya gruntu [Agricultural crops for crop rotations in conditions of radioactive contamination of the soil]. Visnyk KhDAU (seriya roslynnytstvo), Kharkiv, 4, 164-168. [in Ukrainian].
11. Dutov, O.I. (1999). Osoblyvosti kormovyrobnytstva v umovakh radioaktyvnoho zabrudnennia gruntu [Features of fodder production in conditions of radioactive contamination of the soil]. Naukovo - tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu zemlerobstva i biolohii tvaryn, 1 (2), Lviv, 49-52. [in Ukrainian].
12. Krasnov, V.P., Kurbet, T.V., Davydova, I.V., & Landin, V.P. (2016). Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannya [Balanced natural resources management]. 3, 195-200. [in Ukrainian].