RATIONAL CONSTRUCTION AND TECHNOLOGICAL PARAMETERS OF WATER TREATMENT FACILITIES IN RURAL AREAS
In view of the development of cottage construction and enterprises of agricultural products processing, located mainly in rural areas, the development of high-efficient, reliable and easy-to-use treatment plants for the purification of domestic wastewater of low quality is very relevant.
The objective of the research is to ensure the high quality purified water and minimize capital and operating costs.
To solve this problem, the methods of physical and mathematical modeling were used, as well as numerical and analytical methods for determination and analysis of the parameters of treatment facilities operation.
To use the latest advances in science and technology in the area of small-scale wastewater treatment facilities, which are typical for rural settlements and agro-industrial enterprises, in these conditions it is proposed to use bioreactors and contact clarifying filters.
As the research has shown, water quality indicators of purified water change during the time of water filtration Tf and depend on the velocity of water filtration Vf and a specific cleanings capacity of the filter: at the beginning their values decrease as a result of accumulation of active sludge in the subfilter space, and then they begin to rise due to the increase of hydraulic resistance to water motion and removing this residual matter into filtered water.
The article also presents the results of investigations on changes in the content of organic compounds in filtered water during the filtration cycle Тf by the biochemical oxygen consumption value (BOCV) depending on a water filtration rate Vf, m/h, and the amount of active sludge (specific dirt content of the filter G, kg/m2), as well as the changes in the content of suspended matter Сf.i. due to the same parameters.
The recommendations on the effective operation of wastewater treatment facilities of the proposed design that which ensure their reliable and high-performance operation, were developed.
2. Yakovlev, S.V., & Kariukhyna, T.A. (1980) Biohimicheskie processy v ochistke stochnyh vod [Biochemical processes in wastewater treatment]. Moskva: Stroyizdat. [in Russian]
3. Hvozdiak, P. I. (2003). Za pryntsypom biokonveiera [by principle bioconveyer]. Visnyk NAN Ukrajiny, 3. 29-36. [in Ukrainian].
4. Khoruzhyi, P.D., Khomutetska, T.P., & Khoruzhyi, V.P. (2008). Resursozberihaiuchi tekhnolohii vodopostachannia [Resource-saving water supply technologies]. Kyiv: Ahrarna nauka. [in Ukrainian].
5. Zhurba, M.H. (2011). Vodoochistnye fil'try s plavayuschey zagruzkoy: nauch. Izd [Water filters with floating load]. Moskva: RIO VoGTU. [in Russian].
6. Hloba, L.I., Zaika, S.A., Hvozdiak, P.I., & Kilochytskyi, P.Ya. (2018). Priamotochni biotekhnolohii ochyshchennia vody - “biokonveiery” [Straight-line biotechnology for water purification - "bioconveyer"]. Voda i vodoochysni tekhnolohii. Retrieved from http://cleanwater.org.ua/pryamotochni-biotehnolohiji-ochyschennya-vody-biokonveery/.
7. Keller, J., Yuan, Z., Blackall, L. L. (2002). Integrating process engineering and microbiology tools to advance activated sludge wastewater treatment research and development. Reviews in Environmental Science & Biotechnology. Netherland: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1, 83-97.
8. Kanalizatsiia. Zovnishni merezhi ta sporudy. Osnovni polozhennia proektuvannia [Sewerage. Outdoor networks and facilities. Basic design points]. (2013). DBN V.2.5-75-2013. Kyiv: Minrehion Ukrainy. [in Ukrainian]
9. Pravyla tekhnichnoi ekspluatatsii system vodopostachannia ta kanalizatsii silskykh naselenykh punktiv Ukrainy [Rules of technical operation of water supply and sewage systems of rural settlements of Ukraine]. (2000). VND 33-3.4-01-2000. Kyiv: Derzhavnyi komitet Ukrainy po vodnomu hospodarstvu. [in Ukrainian].
10. Khoruzhyi, V.P. (2004). Kinetyka vyskhidnoho filtruvannia vody na ustanovkakh z voloknysto-pinopolistyrolnym zavantazhenniam [Upstream water filtration kinetics at installations with fiber-foam polystyrene loading]. Kyiv: Visnyk inzhenernoi akademii Ukrainy, 2, 82-87. [in Ukrainian].
11. Mosiichuk, Ya.B. (2018). Doochistka hozyaystvenno-bytovyh vtorichnyh vod dlya ih ispol'zovaniya v sel'skoy mestnosti [Additional treatment of domestic wastewater for use in rural areas]. Puti povysheniya effektivnosti oroshaemogo zemledeliya. Novocherkassk: FGBNU «RosNIIPM», 1 (69), 205-211. [in Russian].
12. Khoruzhyi, P.D., Mosiichuk, Ya.B., & Stasiuk, S.R. (2018). Metodyka inzhenernykh rozrakhunkiv bioreaktoriv dlia biolohichnoho ochyshchennia pryrodnykh i doochyshchennia stichnykh vod [Method of engineering calculations of bioreactors for biological treatment of natural water and advanced treatment of sewage]. Melioratsiia i vodne hospodarstvo, 1 (107), 11-16. [in Ukrainian].