ENSURING COST-EFFECTIVE AND RELIABLE OPERATION OF AGRICULTURAL WATER SUPPLY SYSTEMS (AS IN THE CASE OF WATER SUPPLY SYSTEMS OF TARASIVKA VILLAGE IN KYIV REGION)
The current state of water supply in Ukraine was analyzed and the main problems that arise on the existing water supply systems, related to the lack of efficiency of both water treatment technologies and operation conditions of the water supply system structures, characterized by high energy consumption, excess pressure formation and accident rate increase were studied. It was specified that in agricultural water supply systems additional difficulties can arise due to significant fluctuations of water consumption during the day, therefore, there is a need for the study of the joint work of interacting structures, especially in the towerless schemes. It is shown that to solve the problems of reliable provision of consumers with the required water amounts, water pressures and water quality, is possible taking into account the requirements of economy, reliability and environmental safety, and to identify weaknesses and develop recommendations for ensuring the efficient operation of structures can be fulfilled by mathematical modeling and analysis of various possible variants of system operation. The issue of increasing the efficiency and reliability of agricultural supply systems was considered using the example of the water supply system in Tarasivka village of Kyiv region. The article deals with increasing the efficiency and reliability of agricultural water supply systems. The results of the study of water supply systems operation, based on the utilization of ground water in the village of Tarasivka, Kyiv region are given, which demonstrate that when pumping water from the well directly into the water supply network, excess damage energy for water lift occurs. The reliability of the water supply system, when pumping water from the well, was analyzed and the measures to ensure cost-effective and reliable operation of water supply structures while reducing the specific costs of electricity for supplying water to consumers and improving its quality were proposed.
2. Sun, Y.-H., Yeh, W. W-G., Hsu, N.–S., & Louie, P. W. F. (1995). Generalized Network Algorithm for Water-Supply-System Optimization. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 121, Issue 5, 392–398. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9496(1995)121:5(392)
3. Friesen, J., Rausch, L., & Pelz, P.F. (2017). Providing water for the poor - towards optimal water supply infrastructures for informal settlements by using remote sensing data. 2017 Joint Urban Remote Sensing Event (JURSE), 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1109/JURSE.2017.7924541
4. Nitivattananon, V., Sadowski, E.C., & Quimpo, R. G. (1996). Optimization of Water Supply System Operation. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, 122(5), 374–384.
5. Jenkins, M. W., Lund, J.R., Howitt, R.E., Draper A. J., Msangi S. M., Tanaka S. K., Ritzema R. S. & Marques, G. F. (2004). Optimization of California's water supply system: results and insights. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 130, Issue 4, 271-280.
6. Kariuki, M, & Schwartz, J. (2005). Small-scale private service providers of water supply and electricity: A review of incidence, structure, pricing, and operating characteristics. World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 3727, 38. https://doi.org/10.1596/1813-9450-3727. Retrieved from: https://elibrary.worldbank.org.
7. Kuczera, G, & Diment, G. (1988). General Water Supply System Simulation Model: WASP. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 114, Issue 4.
8. Chung, G., Lansey, K., & Bayraksan, G. (2009). Reliable water supply system design under uncertainty. Environmental Modelling & Software, Volume 24, Issue 4, 449-462.
9. Zongxue, X , Jinno, K., Kawamura, A., Takesaki, S., & Ito, K. (1998). Performance Risk Analysis for Fukuoka Water Supply System. Water Resources Management, Volume 12, Issue 1, 13–30.
10. Słowiński, R. (1986). A multicriteria fuzzy linear programming method for water supply system development planning. Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Volume 19, Issue 3, 217-237.
11. Khoruzhyi, P.D., Khomutetska, T.P., & Khoruzhyi V.P. (2008). Resursozberihayuchi tekhnolohiyi vodopostachannya. [Resource-saving water supply technologies]. Kyiv: Agrarian Science. [in Ukrainian].
12. Khomutetska, T.P. (2016). Enerhooshchadne vodopostachannya. [Energy-saving water supply]. Kyiv: Agrarian Science. [in Ukrainian].
13. Novokhatnyi, V.H., Kostenko, S.O., & Matyash, O.V. (2019). Nadiynist vodopostachannya malykh naselenykh punktiv Reliability of water supply in small settlements. Poltava: PoltNTU. [in Ukrainian].
14. Nadiynist tekhniky. Terminy ta vyznachennya. Equipment reliability. Terms and definitions (1994). DSTU 2860-94. Natsionalnyi standart Ukrainy. Kyiv: Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy. [in Ukrainian].
15. Ilyin, Yu.A. (1985). Nadezhnost vodoprovodnykh sooruzheniy i oborudovaniya Reliability of water supply facilities and equipment. Moskva: Stroyizdat. [in Russian].
16. Novokhatnyi, V.H., & Kostenko, S.O. (2011). Kompyuterniy rozrakhunok nadiynosti nasosnykh stantsiy Computer calculation of pumping station reliability. Komunalne hospodarstvo mist, 97, 126-131. [in Ukrainian].
17. Khorozhyi, P.D., Orlov, V.O., & Tkachuk, O.A. et al. (1992). Dovidnyk po silskohospodarskomu vodopostachannyu i kanalizatsiyi [Handbook on agricultural water supply and sewerage]. Kyiv: Uroghay. [in Ukrainian].
18. Voda pytna. Vymohy ta metody kontrolyuvannya yakosti. Drinking water. Requirements and quality control methods. (2014). DSTU 7525:2014. Kyiv: Ministry of Economic Development of Ukraine. [in Ukrainian].
19. Tkachuk, O.A. (2005). Osnovni shlyakhy skorochennya enerhovytrat v systemakh podachi i rozpodilu vody The main ways to reduce energy consumption in water supply and distribution systems. Visnyk NUVHP, 3 (31), 323-328. [in Ukrainian].
20. Tkachuk A. (2014). Optymyzatsyya setey vodosnabzhenyya horoda Optimization of city water supply networks. Motorol. Commission of motorization and energetics in agriculture, 16, 6, 85-92. [in Russian].