Generalization of scientific experience and modern aspects of its use to ensure the effective functioning of water-regulating systems in the Left Bank Forest Steppe of Ukraine
The experience of agricultural production on drained lands indicates that the existing scientific justification for land reclamation does not meet the requirements of today. This also applies to the use of drained lands of the Left Bank Forest-Steppe.
The goal of the research is to generalize many-year scientific research (on the drainage-irrigation system "Romen") and determine the modern aspects of its use to ensure the effective functioning of water-regulating systems in the Left Bank Forest-Steppe in a changing climate.
To summarize, we used the results of many-year research for the period of 1935–2019, which were obtained on the drainage-irrigation system "Romen". The research methods are based on systematic analysis and knowledge generalization on long-term research in the area of the Left Bank Forest-Steppe.
It was established that in the conditions of the Left-Bank Forest-Steppe (on the drainage-irrigation system "Romen") a considerable number of scientific developments on the technologies of crop cultivation on the drained lands was obtained, the most productive cultivars of crops were selected and optimum norms of fertilizers for their application were calculated. The methods of basic tillage were studied taking into account the cultivation degree of soils, new designs of reclamation systems were developed (combined water-regulating systems with inclined and low-slope drains and water control units; local contour-water storage systems), which were tested in the production conditions and resource-saving water regulation technology, which is based on the use of small irrigation rates.
For today, to scientifically ensure the effective functioning of water- regulating systems and the use of drained lands in the Left Bank Forest-Steppe in a changing climate, it is important to use the experience gained on agronomic measures for growing crops on drained lands, improving water supply of reclamation systems (application of contour water-absorbing constructions made of local filtration materials), resource-saving technologies of water regime regulation, which are based on applying small irrigation rates.
Currently, in the context of climate change, which has led to the deterioration of water supply conditions on water-regulating systems, the research is underway to improve the efficiency of water-regulating systems and the use of drained lands, taking into account the features of their agricultural use.
The technology of accumulation of water and drainage runoff in the accumulating tank was developed. The results of its approbation showed that in the conditions of climate change, growing deficit of water resources it is possible to provide effective water regulation on drained lands by creating reserve water volumes in the reclaimed areas and increase the yield of crops.
According to the results of regional experimental studies on the cultivation of promising and highly productive fodder crops (barnyard grass, amaranth and fodder beans) a technology for growing them on different types of drained soils was developed, which is based on optimal water regulation and takes into account the supply of essential nutrients, the degree of soil acidity and modern climate change.
2. Romashhenko, M.I., Sajdak, R.V., Matiash, T.V., & Knysh, V.V. (2019). Vplyv klimatychnykh smin na volohosabespechennia terytoriyi Ukrayiny ta vyrobnytstvo silskogospodarskoyi produktsiyi [Influence of climate change on the water supply of the territory of Ukraine and production of agricultural products]. Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia, prysviachena Vsesvitnomu dnju vodnykh resursiv (voda dlia vsikh). Kyiv, 179-180. [in Ukrainian].
3. Petrenko, Y.M., Kharchenko, O.V., Moleshcha, N.B. (2014) Efektyvnistʹ vykorystannya pryrodnoyi rodyuchosti osushenykh torfovykh gruntiv za vyroshchuvannya ocheretyanky zvychaynoyi pry riznykh rivnyakh pidgruntovykh vod [Efficiency of using natural fertility of drained peat soils for growing common reed at different levels of groundwater] // Visnyk Sumsʹkoho natsionalʹnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya: «Ahronomiya i biolohiya», 9, 41–46. [in Ukrainian].
4. Kharchenko, O. V. (2005) Resursne zabezpechennya ta shlyakhy optymizatsiyi umov vyroshchuvannya silʹsʹkohospodarsʹkykh kulʹtur u Lisostepu Ukrayiny [Resource provision and ways of optimization of conditions of cultivation of agricultural crops in the Forest-Steppe of Ukraine]: monohrafiya. Sumy: VTD «Universytetsʹka knyha», 342. [in Ukrainian].
5. Pavelkivsʹkyy, O.V. (2013) Vplyv rezhymiv kraplynnoho zroshennya na vodospozhyvannya, rist i rozvytok molodoho yablunevoho sadu v umovakh Livoberezhnoho Lisostepu [Influence of drip irrigation regimes on water consumption, growth and development of a young apple orchard in the conditions of the Left-Bank Forest-Steppe] // Tavriysʹkyy naukovyy visnyk, 84. 229–234. [in Ukrainian].
6. Chernyshenko, T.V., Chefonova, N.V. (2010) Vplyv sposobiv zroshennya ta vnesennya dobryv na vrozhaynistʹ i vodospozhyvannya kapusty biloholovoyi piznʹostyhloyi u Livoberezhnomu Lisostepu Ukrayiny [Chernyshenko TV, Chefonova NV Influence of irrigation and fertilizer application methods on yield and water consumption of late white-headed white cabbage in the Left-Bank Forest-Steppe of Ukraine] // Visnyk Poltavsʹkoyi derzhavnoyi ahrarnoyi akademiyi, 4, 78–81. [in Ukrainian].
7. Slyusar, I.T., Serbenyuk, V.O., Serbenyuk, H.A. (2018) Ahroekolohichni aspekty sposobiv polipshennya lukiv ta pasovyshch na osushuvanykh orhanohennykh gruntakh humidniy zoni [Agroecological aspects of ways to improve meadows and pastures on drained organogenic soils in the humid zone] // Molodyy vchenyy, 58, 249–253. [in Ukrainian].
8. Torfovo-zemelʹnyy resurs Ukrayiny (kontseptsiya kompleksnoho vykorystannya) [Peat-land resource of Ukraine (the concept of integrated use)] / za red. V. P. Sytnyka, R. S. Truskavetsʹkoho (2010). Kharkiv: NNTS" IHA im. O. N. Sokolovsʹkoho", 71. [in Ukrainian].
9. Natalchuk, A.M. (2009). Zberejennia rodutshosti ocuchuvanuh gruntiv v sutshacniuh umovah [Preservation of fertility of drained soils in modern conditions]. Reclamation and water management, 97, 94-101. [in Ukrainian].
10.Himbarzhevskyi, V.R. (2004). Osvoyennya bolit ta perezvolozhenykh zemel u humidniy zoni Ukrayiny [Development of marshes and wetlands in the humid zone of Ukraine]. Melioratsiya i vodne hospodarstvo, 90, 133–151. [in Ukrainian].
11. Himbarzhevskyi, V.R., & Kulynych, V.V. (2005) Efektyvnist biomelioratsiyi na osushuvanykh luchnykh gruntakh Livoberezhnoho Lisostepu Ukrayiny [Efficiency of biomelioration on the drained meadow soils of the Left Bank Forest Steppe of Ukraine]. Melioratsiya i vodne hospodarstvo, 92, 75–83. [in Ukrainian].
12. Himbarzhevskyi, V.R., & Yarosh, A.V. (2004). Bobovo-zlakovi travosumishky na osushuvanykh gruntakh Livoberezhnoho Lisostepu Ukrayiny [Bean-grass mixtures on the drained soils of the Left Bank Forest Steppe of Ukraine]. Melioratsiya i vodne hospodarstvo, 91, 112–121. [in Ukrainian].
13. Skrypnyk, O.V., Yatsyk, M.V., Chalyi, B.I., Voroshnova L.M., & Tyshenko, O.I. (2004). Stvorennya ta ekspluatatsiya vodorehulyuvalnykh system u humidniy zoni. [Creation and operation of water regulation systems in the humid zone]. Melioratsiya i vodne hospodarstvo, 90, 124-132. [in Ukrainian].
14. Skrypnyk, O.V., Yatsyk, M.V., Voroshnova L.M., & Moleshcha, N.B. (2005) Resursooshchadna melioratsiya perezvolozhenykh zemel zi skladnym relyefom [Resource-saving land reclamation of wetlands with complex relief]. Visnyk ahrararnoyi nauky, 5, 32–35. [in Ukrainian].
15. Yatsyk, M.V., Skrypnyk O.V., Voroshnova L.M., Voropay, G.V., & Mozol, N.V. (2009). Resursooshchadna tekhnolohiya vodorehulyuvannya na meliorovanykh zemlyakh u zoni nadlyshkovoho zvolozhennya [Resource-saving technology of water regulation on reclaimed lands in the zone of excess moisture]. Melioratsiia i vodne hospodarstvo, 97, 67–76. [in Ukrainian].
16. Yatsyk, M.V., Voropay, G.V., & Moleshcha, N.B. (2016). Pidvyshhennia vodosabespechenosti melioratyvnykh system humidnoyi sony [Improvement of water supply of amelioration systems of humid zone]. Melioratsiia i vodne hospodarstvo, 103, 63–68. [in Ukrainian].
17. Voropay, G.V., Yatsyk. M.B., & Mozol, N.V. (2019). Suchasnyy stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku osushuval`nykh melioratsiy v umovakh zmin klimatu [Current state and the prospects of development of drainage reclamation in a changing climate]. Melioratsiia i vodne hospodarstvo, 2, 31–39. [in Ukrainian].
18. Yatsyk, M.V., Voropai, H.V., & Kika, S.M. (2019). Obhruntuvannya rezhymiv vodorehulyuvannya pry vyroshchuvanni vysokoproduktyvnykh kormovykh kul`tur na osushuvanykh zemlyakh [Justification of regimes of water regulation at growing highly productive forage crops on sewed lands]. Visnyk ahrararnoyi nauky, 5, 60–67. [in Ukrainian].