Effect of different basic tillage and fertilizer systems on corn grain yield, when irrigating in the south of Ukraine
The article presents the results of the research on soil bulk density and permeability as well as weediness of maize crops at the beginning and end of growing season on average for 2016-2019, applying different basic tillage and fertilizer systems. The goal of the research was to determine the effect of different methods and depth of basic tillage and fertilizers on agrophysical properties of soil and crop productivity in grain-row crop rotation when irrigating in the south of Ukraine. The objective of the research was to determine the effects of different methods and depths of basic tillage as well as fertilization on the agrophysical properties of dark chestnut soil and the productivity of corn in short crop rotation. During the experiment, field, quantitative-weight, visual, laboratory, calculation-comparative, mathematical-statistical methods and generally accepted in Ukraine methods and methodical recommendations were used. The research was conducted in the research fields of the Askanian SARS IIA NAAS of Ukraine.
Based on the research results it was established that, both at the beginning and at the end of grooving season when applying the tillage up to 28-30 cm within the system of differentiated tillage bulk density was the smallest as 1,14 g/cm3 when using green manure and 1,19 g/cm3 without its use. When applying subsurface different depth tillage, bulk density increased up to 1,18 g/cm3 when using green manure and up to 1,26 g/cm3 without its use. Maximum bulk density of 1,28 g/cm3 was observed when no tillage applied without using green manure and 1,31 g/cm3 when using it that is by 12,3 and 10.1% higher compared to the reference area, respectively. The highest corn productivity was observed when applying subsurface different depth tillage, where the average values by the factor A were about 10,93 t/ha that is higher than those obtained in the reference area by 0,52 t/ha, or 5,0%. The use of zero tillage caused the obtaining of the lowest yield in the experiment as 8,71 t/ha that is less compared to the reference area by 1,7 t/ha, or 19,5%.
2. Glushko, T.V. (2012). Vplyv zroshen`nya ta mineral`nyh dobryv na urozhainist` hibrydiv kykyrydzy v umovah pivdennogo Stepy Ukrainy [Influence of irrigation and mineral fertilizers on the productivity of hybrids of corn in the conditions of south Steppe of Ukraine]. Zroshuvane zemlerobstvo, 57, 116-118 [in Ukrainian]
3. Pysarenko, V.A., Kokovikhin, S.V., Mishukova, L.S., & Pysarenko, P.V. (2005). Metodychni vkazivky po zastosuvannyu rozrakhunkovoho metodu vyznachennya strokiv polyvu silskohospodarskykh kultur za pokaznykamy serednodobovoho vyparovuvannya [Guidelines for the application of the calculation method for determining the timing of irrigation of crops on the average daily evaporation]. Kherson:Kolos. [in Ukrainian]
4. Hryhorov, M.S. (2001). Vodosberehayushchye tekhnolohyy vyrashchyvanyya s.-h. kultur [Watersaving technologies for growing agricultural cultures]. Volgograd: VGSXA. [in Russian]
5. Nychyporovych, A.A. (1978). Enerhetycheskaya effektyvnost y produktyvnost fotosyntezyruyushchykh system kak yntehralnaya problema [Energy efficiency and productivity of photosynthetic systems as an integral problem]. Fiziologiya rastenij 25, 5, 922–937. [in Russian]
6. Lysohorov, K.S., & Pysarenko, V.A. (2007). Naukovi osnovy vykorystannya zroshuvanykh zemel u stepovomu rehioni na zasadakh intehralnoho upravlinnya pryrodnymy i tekhnolohichnymy protsesamy [Scientific bases of use of irrigated lands in the steppe region on the basis of integrated management of natural and technological processes]. Tavriiskyi naukovyi visnyk, 49, 49–52. [In Ukrainian]
7. Pisarenko, V.A., Mishukova, L.S., Kokovikhin, S.V., & Prisyazhny, Yu.I. (2008). Efektyvnist riznykh skhem rezhymiv zroshennya v umovakh Pivdennoho Stepu Ukrayiny [Efficiency of different schemes of irrigation regimes in the conditions of the Southern Steppe of Ukraine]. Zroshuvane zemlerobstvo, 50, 31–37. [in Ukrainian]
8. Sijesh Natarajan, Jaya Basnayake, Prakash Lakshmanan, & Shu Fukai (2020). Limited contribution of water availability in genotype-by-environment interaction in sugarcane yield and yield somponents. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 206(2), 00:1–14. https://doi.org/10.1111/jac.12407.
9. Unkovich, M., Baldock, J., & Forbes, M. (2010). Variability in harvest index of gr ain c rops and pot ent ial s igni f ic ance for c arbon account ing: examples from Australian agriculture. Adv. Agron, Vol. 105, 173–219. https://doi: 10.1016/S0065-2113(10)05005-4.
10. Ushkarenko, V.O., Vozhehova, R.A., Holoborodko, S.P., & Kokovikhin, S.V. (2014). Metodyka pol'ovoho doslidu: zroshuvane zemlerobstvo [The methodology of field experiment: irrigation agriculture]. Kherson: Gryn.D.S. [in Ukrainian].