Combined system of extreme control of mineralized water dilution in river basins
The theory of combined systems of extreme control, which is used in technical systems, was developed and adapted in socio-ecological-economic systems. For example, river basins are such systems. A combined extreme control system has been formalized to control the dilution of mineralized mine waters in river sections. A mathematical model of the distribution of water masses and pollution in river beds from point and diffuse sources is proposed on the basis of a system of difference balance equations under the influence of stochastic uncontrolled disturbances. With regard to such conditions as adequate instrumentation, a combined control system has been developed that uses decision-making according to environmental and economic criteria based on the analysis of input and output data simultaneously, identification and tracking of the optimum in conditions of displacement under the influence of the disturbances of extreme characteristics of the system. The structural and functional diagram is represented by the open-loop diagram, the identification of which is carried out on the basis of modeling the process of water dilution in various situations at a specific object. A closed part with a recognition system as a corrector provides feedback. Formalized mathematical models of the dynamics of water masses and pollution from point and diffuse sources are of a general nature and can be used for the basins of other rivers. The extreme control system can adapt to the hydrological conditions and water quality parameters of a particular river.
A mathematical model has been formalized for the combined extreme control of mine water dilution in the section of the Ingulets river. The water for dilution comes from a storage pond in the Svystunov gully. Regulatory actions that maintain water quality without exceeding the normative values of maximum permissible discharge are determined. At the same time, water consumption for dilution is minimized. The scenario analysis of the options showed a saving of up to 30% of water resources, namely 17.5 million m3, compared to the dilution carried out in February-March 2021 according to the existing individual regulations.
2. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro vnesennia zmin do deiakyh zakonodavchyh aktiv Ukrainy shchodo vprovadzhennia integrovanyh pidhodiv v upravlinni vodnymy resursamu za baseinovym pryntsepom» vid 4 zhovtnia 2016 roky № 1641-VIII. [The Law of Ukraine «On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Implementation of Integrated approaches to the of Water Resources Management based on basin principle» of October 4, 2016, No. 1641-VIII]. [in Ukrainian].
3. Ivakhnenko, A. (1969). Samoobuchaiushchiesya sistemy raspoznavaniya i avtomaticheskoho upravlenaya. Kyiv: Tekhnika. [in Russian].
4. Ivakhnenko, A. (1966). Kiberneticheskiye sistemy s kombinirovannym upravlenieyem. Kyiv : Tekhnika,. 512. [in Russian].
5. Kuhtenko, A. (1987). Kibernetika i fundamentalnye nauki. Kyiv : Naukova dumka,142. [in Russian].
6. Kovalchuk, P.Ι., & Kovalchuk V.P. (2015). Systemne upravlinnia yak rozvytok integrovanoho upravlinnia vodnym rezhymom meliorovanyh terytorii [System management as the integrated management development of the water regime of the reclaimed area]. Visnyk NUVGP, 3(71), 19–23. [in Ukrainian].
7. Forrester, J. (1974). Dinamika razvitiya horoda. Moscow: Progress. [in Russian].
8. Forrester, J. (1974). Mirovaya dinamika. Moscow, Nauka. [in Russian].
9. Holing, K. (1981). Ekologicheskiye sistemy. Moscow, Mir. [in Russian].
10. Dukhovny, V., Sokolov, V., & Manthrithilake, H. (2009). Integrated Water Resources Management: Putting Good Theory into Real Practice. Central Asian Experience. Tashkent: SIC ICWC.
11. Stashuk, V.A., & Yatsyk, A.V. (2007). Ukraina na shlyahu do baseynovoho pryntsypu upravlinnia vodnymy resursamy [Ukraine is on the way toward the basin principle of water resources management]. Vodne hospodarstvo Ukrainy, 4, 6–10. [in Ukrainian].
12. Klymchuk, O. M., Pinkina, T. V., & Pinkin, A. A. (2018). Vprovadzhennia systemy integrovanoho upravlinnia vodnymy resursamy za baseinovym pryntsepom [Adaptation of the integrated water resources management system based on the basin principle]. Scientific Journal Science Rise, 4(45), 36–40. [in Ukrainian].
13. Kovalchuk P., Kovalenko R., Kovalchuk V., Demchuk O., & Balykhina H. (2021) Integrated Water Management and Environmental Rehabilitation of River Basins Using a System of Non-linear Criteria. In: Hu Z., Petoukhov S., Dychka I., He M. (eds) Advances in Computer Science for Engineering and Education III. ICCSEEA 2020. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1247. Springer, Cham. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-55506-1_4/
14. Kovalchuk, P., Kovalenko, R., & Balykhina, H. (2018). Methodological features of the concept of water use system management using basin principle. Land Reclamation and Water Management, 107(1), 17–23. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.31073/mivg201801-115 . [in Ukrainian].
15. Kovalchuk, P.Ι., Matiash, T.V., Kovalchuk, V.P., Demchuk, O.S., Balykhina, H.A., Gerus, A.V., & Pendak, N.V. (2019). Systemne modeliuvannia i upravlinnia vodo- i zemlekorystuvanniam: Monohrafiia. Kyiv: Ahrarna nauka. [in Ukrainian].
16. Kovalchuk, P., Rozhko, V., Kovalchuk, V., Balykhina, H., & Demchuk, O. (2019, September). Optimization of integrated water exchange management technologies in territorial systems for conditions of sustainable development. 14th International Conference on Computer Sciences and Information Technologies, Vol. 1, 80–83.
17. Kovalchuk P., Stetsenko V., Balykhina H., Kovalchuk V. & Demchuk O. (2021). Balance method of integrated control of mine water removal by the volumes and mineralization rate within the Ingulets river basin. Land Reclamation and Water Management, 1, 23–32. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.31073/mivg202101-274. [in Ukrainian].
18. Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy «Pro zapobihannia vynyknenniu avariinoi sytuatsii na stavku-nakopychuvachu, roztashovanomu na terytorii Kryvorizkoho raionu Dnipropetrovskoi oblasti» vid 28.12.2020 roky №1670-r. [Ordinance of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine «About accident prevention within storage pond is on Kryvyi Rih district of the Dnipropetrovsk region» of December 28, 2020, №1670-r]. [in Ukrainian].
19. Keller I., & Schwartz R. (2015) Instrument of the integrated pollutant/sediment menegment in the Elbe catchment area. International Conference RIVER BASINS 2015: Monitoring, Modelling & Management of Pollutants. Germany, Karlsruhe, 67–74.
20. Burlaka, B. (2011). The flushing Inhulets river in 2011. Water Management of Ukraine, 5, 17–18. [in Ukrainian].
21. Babiy, P.O.,& Lisyuk, O.G. (2010). Man-made flood on the river Ros. Water management of Ukraine, 5, 4–6. [in Ukrainian].
22. Final Report. (2011). Investigation of Opions to increase the flood mitigation performance of Wivenhoe Dam. Brisben: GHD.
23. Environmental assessment accelerated Mahaweli development program. (1980). US Agency for International Development. New York: TAMS.
24. Kovalchuk, V., Kovalchuk, P., Yatsyuk, M., Kovalenko, R., Demchuk, O., & Balykhina, H. (2020). System model of integrated management of the water resources of the Ingulets River by a basin principal. Land Reclamation and Water Management, (1), 37 - 48. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.31073/mivg202001-219
25. Kovalchuk, P., & Neskhodovskiy, V.(1970.) Korektor kombinovanoyi systemy ekstremalnoho keruvannya yak markivskiy avtomat. Avtomatyka, 1, 78-88. [in Ukrainian].
26. Kovalchuk, P., & Neskhodovskiy, V. (1970). Protses korektsiyi u kombinovaniy systemi ekstremalnoho keruvannya yak hra avtomata z pryrodoiyu. Avtomatyka, 5, 9-20. [in Ukrainian].
27. Indyvidualnyi rehlament skydannya nadlyshkiv zvorotnykh vod hirnychorudnykh pidpriyemstv Kryvbasu zi Stavka-nakopychuvacha Svystunova u Inhulets u mizhvehetatsiyniy period 2020-2021. (2020). Kyiv: Ukrvodproyekt.
28. Sherstiuk, N., & Khilchevskiy, V. (2012). Osoblyvosti hidrokhimichnykh protsesiv u tekhnohennykh ta pryrodnykh vodnykh obyektakh Kryvbasu. Dnipropetrovsk: Aktsent. [in Ukrainian].
29. Podinovsky, V., & Noghin, V. (1982). Pareto optimal solution for multi-criterion problems. Moscow: Nauka. [in Russian].