New technological solutions for water treatment systems in modern conditions
The current state of water quality formation in surface water bodies, which serve as sources of drinking water supply in the Dnieper river basin, was considered. The water treatment technologies currently used in Ukraine, were analyzed. The inconsistency of these technologies with the current water quality in these sources of water supply was established, as these technologies are not quite suitable for the purification of water with a significant organic component of any genesis. It was found that one of the main factors that influences the quality of water in water bodies in the warm period is phytoplankton, especially during their "flowering. The factors accompanying this phenomenon were shown, the development trends and their influence on the operating water treatment systems were analyzed. It was considered the feasibility of using reagents with the effect of oxidation of the organic component of the source water, in particular chlorine dioxide, the use of which is effective in disinfection of chlorine-resistant microbiota and phenols oxidations. Moreover, in the conditions of the expected increase in the concentration of mycocystins, chlorine dioxide can be, by analogy with ozone, a fairly effective oxidant of these toxins with a prolonged disinfection effect.
The potential development areas of water treatment systems by intensifying bio-physico-chemical processes on the basis of the existing typical capacitive and package units of water treatment plants are given. The perspective areas of scientific and technological developments for substantiation of effective solutions on modernization of existing water treatment facilities were established in these conditions, namely it is reasonable to consider only those solutions, which provide effective purification of water with high concentration of phytoplankton without comprehensive or radical change of water treatment technology. That is, these approaches should make maximum use of existing treatment facilities, either by their reconstruction, or with the use of new reagents, or a combination of both.
2. Greven, A.C. (2016). Polycarbonate and polystyrene nanoparticles act as stressors to the innate immune system of fathead minnows (pimephales promelas, rafinesque 1820). Candidate's thesis. München: LMU München. [in English].
3. Vyshnevskyy. V.I., & Lopata. L.M. (2016). Tsvitinnya vody na vodozabori dniprovskoyi vodoprovidnoyi stantsiyi [Flowering of water at the water intake of the Dnieper water supply station]. Melioratsiya i vodne hospodarstvo, 104, 31 – 35. [in Ukrainian].
4. Kamenir, Yu., Mikhaylyuk, T. I, & Popova, A. F (2008). Vliyaniye antropogennogo zagryazneniya na fitoplankton Kanevskogo vodokhranilishcha (Ukraina). sravneniye razmernykh spektrov [The effect of anthropogenic pollution on phytoplankton of the Kanev reservoir (Ukraine). comparison of dimensional spectra] Algologiya, Vol. 18, 2. [in Russian].
5. Yelnikova, T. O., & Podchashynskyy, Yu.O. (2015). Modelyuvannya evtrofnykh protsesiv u vodoskhovyshchakh richky Teteriv Zhytomyrskoyi oblasti na osnovi videozobrazhen prob vody. [Modeling of eutrophic processes in the reservoirs of the river Teteriv, Zhytomyr region on the basis of video images of water samples.] Visnyk ZHDTU, 3(74), 54 – 59. [in Ukrainian].
6. Health and Ecological Criteria Division Drinking water health advisory for the cyanobacterial microcystin toxins. (2015). Washington: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Water. [in English].
7. Cyanobacterial toxins: microcystin-lr in drinking-water. (2003). Geneva: World Health Organization. [in English].
8. Chorus, I., & Bartram, J. (1999). Toxic cyanobacteria in water: a guide to public health significance, monitoring and management. London: Für WHO durch E & FN Spon. Chapman & Hall. [in English].
9. Bezvesilna, O. M., & Podchashynskyy, Yu. O. (2010). Alhorytmichna obrobka dvovymirnoyi informatsiyi pro mekhanichni velychyny na osnovi shtuchnykh neyronnykh merezh [Algorithmic processing of two-dimensional information about mechanical quantities on the basis of artificial neural networks]Visnyk ZHDTU, №2, 44 – 49. [in Ukrainian].
10. Yelnikova, T.O., & Kotsyuba, I.G. (2016). Avtomatyzovana systema kontrolyu parametriv rozvytku fitoplanktonu u vodoymakh [Automated control system for phytoplankton development parameters in reservoirs]. Visnyk ZHDTU, 3 (78),143 – 149. [in Ukrainian].
11. Yelnikova, T.O. (2009), Avtomatyzovana systema dlya vymiryuvannya heometrychnykh parametriv fitoplanktonu [Automated system for measuring geometric parameters of phytoplankton.] Visnyk ZHDTU, 1 (48), 160–164. [in Ukrainian].
12. Yelnikova, T.O. (2008) V Metodyka rozrakhunku tochnosti vymiryuvan heometrychnykh parametriv fitoplanktonu za yoho video zobrazhennyamy [Method of calculating the accuracy of measurements of geometric parameters of phytoplankton on its video images]. Visnyk ZHDTU, 4 (47),247–252. [in Ukrainian].
13. Fluid Imaging Technologies FlowCam® for harmful algal bloom monitoring. (2021). Fluid Imaging Technologies. Retrieved from: https://www.fluidimaging.com
14. Charnyy, D.V., Zabulonov, Y.L., Dolin, V.V., Matselyuk, Ye.M., & Onanko, Yu.A. (2021). Filtr napirnyy. [The pressure filter]. Patent of Ukraine 147043, [in Ukrainian].
15. Charnyy, D.V., Zabulonov, Yu.L., Dolin, V.V., Matselyuk, Ye.M., & Onanko Yu.A. (2020). Berehovyy filtruvalnyy vodozabir. [Coastal filter water intake]. Patent of Ukraine 143655. [in Ukrainian].
16. Vodozabirnyy oholovok. (2015) [Water intake head]. Patent of Ukraine 103076. [in Ukrainian].
17. Khoruzhyy, P.D., Charnyy, D.V., Matselyuk, Ye.M., Haydabura, M.O., & Kharchenko, M.Yu (2018). Sposib pidvyshchennya efektyvnosti roboty isnuyuchykh typovykh vodoprovidnykh ochysnykh sporud. [A method of improving the efficiency of existing typical water treatment plants]. Patent of Ukraine 128460. [in Ukrainian].