ANALYSIS OF THE CURRENT PROTECTION OF THE SURROUNDING TO THE KAKHOVSKE RESERVOIR TERRITORIES AGAINST FLOODING
Relevance of research. The effectiveness of the anti-filtration protection of the territories on the banks of the Kakhovsky Reservoir within the four protected arrays is analyzed: "Protection of the western region of manganese deposits", "Protection of the city of Nikopol", "Protection of the eastern region of manganese deposits" - on the right bank, and "Protection of the Kamyansky Pod " on the left bank.
It was determined that airlift drainage systems operate having flow rates considerably lower than the design ones, which leads to increased energy consumption, reduced efficiency and increased groundwater levels, that is the reason of flooding these areas. It was specified that the constant decrease in the flow rate of vertical wells with the airlift drainage system is due to the mudding of their filters by flakes of trivalent iron hydroxide formed as a result of the interaction of compressed air pumped up by the compressors to the wells and the infiltration waters containing excess concentrations of iron bicarbonate in colloidal form.
The purpose of the work: to study the feasibility of replacing a part of low-cost vertical airlift drainage systems with more efficient deep-water pumps of ECW mark, since the existing anti-filter system (AFS) cannot provide the required lowering of infiltration water tables.
Research methodology. The research method involves the use of analytical studies of theoretical materials.
Conclusions. It is proposed to increase the effectiveness of the operation of anti-filtration structures by replacing an airlift drainage system in drainage wells with a siphon drainage system and the use of infiltration waters after additional treatment to meet the household and sanitary-hygienic needs of local population all year round as well as for agricultural needs in spring and summer periods.
2. Baksheyev, Ê.A. (2002.) Istoriya sozdaniya sooruzheniy po zashchite territoriy ot zatopleniya i podtopleniya. [The history of the creation of structures to protect areas from flooding and submergence.] Kiev: Dovira, 113. [in Russian].
3. Baksheyev, Ê.A. (2008). Dneprovskiye vodokhranilishcha i ikh narodnokhozyaystvennyy effekt. Vospominaniya i razmyshleniya proyektirovshchika. [Dnieper reservoirs and their economic effect. Memories and reflections of the designer.] Kiev: Dovira, 159. [in Russian]
4. Khoruzhyi, P.D., & Kruchenyuk, V.D. (2003). Pidtoplennya terytoriy: shcho robyty? [Flooding the Territories: What to Do?]. Ecological Bulletin, 3-4, 6-7. [in Ukrainian].
5. Khoruzhyi, P.D., & Kruchenyuk, V.D. (2003). Sposoby pidvyshchennya efektyvnosti roboty protyfilʹtratsiynykh zavis vid pidtoplennya terytoriy z vodoskhovyshch. [Ways of increasing the effectiveness of anti-filtering veils against flooding of water reservoirs] Environmental ecology and life safety, 6, 48-51. [in Ukrainian].
6. Kruchenyuk, V.D. (2006). Intensyfikatsiya roboty drenazhnykh sverdlovn z erliftnoyu systemoyu vodovidboru dlya zakhystu naselenyykh punktiv vid pidtoplennya (na prykladi Kamyanka-Dniprovsʹkoyi protyfilʹtratsiynoyi zavisy) [Intensification of the work of drainage wells with an airlift water selection system for protecting the population of points from flooding (for example, Kamyanka-Dneprovsky antifiltration system)]. Author's abstract. Kyiv, UAAS, Institute of Hydrotechnics and Melioration, 16. [in Ukrainian].
7. Savchuk, D.P., Belikov, O., & Kotykovych, I. (2014). Pidtoplennya ta systemy zakhystu vid nʹoho v zoni dniprovsʹkykh vodoskhovyshch [Flood protection and protection systems in the zone of Dnieper reservoirs]. The water management of Ukraine, 5, 27 -32. [in Ukrainian].
8. Vyshnevsʹkyy,V.I, & Shevchuk, S .A. (2018). Vykorystannya danykh dystantsiynoho zonduvannya Zemli u doslidzhennyakh vodnykh obʺyektiv Ukrayiny. [Using data from remote sensing of the Earth in researches of water objects of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Interpress LTD, 116. [in Ukrainian].
9. Khoruzhyi, P.D., & Levytska, V.D. (2016). Shliakhy pokrashchennia roboty kompleksu zakhysnykh sporud Kam’ianskoho Podu [Ways to improve the operation of the protection facilities complex of Kamensky Pod]. Land Reclamation and Water Management, 104, 119-125. [in Ukrainian].
10. Levytska, V.D. (2017). Analiz suchasnoho stanu ta shlyakhy pokrashchennya roboty Kamʺyanka-Dniprovsʹkoyi protyfilʹtratsiynoyi zavisy. [An analysis of the anti-filtration operation and ways of improving the work of the Kam'yanka-Dniprovsry antifiltration system]. International Scientific and Practical Conference: Water: Problems and Solutions. Rivne: EC "Ukrekobiokon", 196-200. [in Ukrainian].
11. Khoruzhyy, P.D., & Levytska, V.D. (2016). Kompleksne vykorystannya infilʹtratsiynykh vod u zonakh pidtoplennya vid dniprovskoho kaskadu vodoskhovyshch.[ Complex use infiltration waters in flood areas of the Dnieper reservoir cascade]. International Scientific and Practical Conference: Water use: technologies; buildings; management. Kyiv: KNUBA, 400-407. [in Ukrainian].
12. Levytska, V.D (2017). Problemy pidtoplennya terytoriy z dniprovskykh vodoskhovyshch i mozhlyvosti vykorystannya infiltratsiynykh vod. [roblems of flooding of the territories from the Dnipro reservoirs and the possibility of using infiltration water]. International Scientific and Practical Conference: Water Resources Management in Climate Change, Water Day. Kiev: IWPiM NAAS, 100-101. [in Ukrainian].
13. Khoruzhyi, P.D., & Levytska, V.D. (2017). Metodyka rozrakhunku vertykalnykh drenazhiv iz syfonnym vodovidborom infiltratsiynykh vod [The method of calculation of vertical drain performance when using siphon grains for infiltration water intake]. Land Reclamation and water management, 106, 102-108. [in Ukrainian].
14 Storinka Kyyivskoho rehionalnoho upravlinnya vodnykh resursiv. Sayt Dniprovskoho baseynovoho upravlinnya vodnykh resursiv. [Page of the Kyiv Regional Water Management Department. The site of the Dnipro Basin Water Resources Directorate].
Retrieved from http://dbuwr.com.ua
15. State Water Agency. (2016). Rekonstruktsiya Kamyanskoyi ta Znamyanskoyi kompresornykh stantsiy dlya zakhystu vid pidtoplennya Kamyanko-Dniprovskoho rayonu Zaporizkoyi oblasti. Koryhuvannya. Tom 1. Derzhvodahentstvo, m.Dnipropetrovsk. [Explanatory note. Reconstruction of the Kamensky and Znamensky compressor stations for protection against flooding of the Kamianko-Dnepr district of the Zaporizhzhya region]. Dnipropetrovsk: DRPVI "Dniproidivodzhosp", 1, 45. [in Russian].